|"5 weird habits of yours"
||[Dec. 29th, 2005|09:34 am]
duckssaymip, so I suppose I ought to do it.... or else!I've been tagged, and this time it hasn't been by |
My 5 Habits are:
- When I sit at a computer and not writing text, I constantly highlight things. Icons. Text in a text editor. Text in a console. Everything. If I don't have text to highlight, I fidget in other ways. For example, while Windows is logging in, I frantically drag around the little window that says stuff like "Loading Profile...". Normally I wouldn't consider this odd, but I've had so many people comment on this behaviour when doing stuff like reading over my shoulder.
- I'm always doing this weird thing with my hands. I'll touch my thumb with my index finger, middle finger, ring finger, and then pinky. And then I'll go back the other way. Repeatedly. I've done this as long as I can remember and I don't remember ever seeing anyone else doing the same thing. There is absolutley no reason for it.
- To contrast Foglio's fetish for being early, it is very important that I show up for things just at the right time. I hate being early. I hate waiting around. I hate small talk. Being 5 minutes late is much more acceptable than being 30 minutes early. The exception to this rule is when *I* am the one waiting for someone for 5 minutes. Then, lateness is unacceptable. That being said, most of my clocks tend to be 15-20 minutes fast because I tend to cut it too close with times. Even with the 15 minute leeway, I am always running for the train in the morning. I *really* hate waiting and small talk.
- School supplies. I always need to have a colored spiral notebook that matches a plain folder of the same color for each class I take. This is ironic for a number of reasons. Namely, I don't go to class. When I do go to class, I don't take notes. When I receive hand outs in class, I don't put them into folders. I sometimes put them in my pocket. Other times, I throw it out. Most times, though, I stuff it into my bag or put it in my text book. Every semester, these notebooks and folders need to be new. When I do not have these items, I feel the uncanny urge to file my belongings and take notes.
- I rarely leave messages. When calling someone and spontanously get voice mail, I generally hang up. If I'm expecting to hit the voice mail, I'll think up what exactly I want to say before calling. Otherwise, I'm convinced they will just keep on replaying my message and laugh over and over again. I think that's why I don't leave messages. It's what I tell people, at least. Like you people. Email works the same way. If it requires just a one-liner, then I don't think about it. However, if it's more than say, 3 paragraphs, I will spend at least an hour writing and rewriting and rephrasing it until I am certain it's perfect or it's flawed in concept so it needs to be deleted. I don't have as much of a review process for LJ entries, which is ironic since more people can see an LJ entry than any given email. I do have a tendency to delete LJ entries without posting them. I am actually a frequest updater. My work just never gets published. ;-)
Who do I tag? instantdharma, tomas360, penguinangel, theladyjzer0, and finnell1912