||[Jan. 20th, 2010|08:30 pm]
Today was my first day back in class. A few observations:|
* Men do not know how to flush urinals. Why? Do they enjoy getting splashback from someone else's urine? I do not approve.
* When I ordered hot chocolate from a vendor, I was asked if I wanted creme or sugar. I'm wondering if this is some sort of drone who is so used to serving coffee that those condiments were offered as a reflex or if this is a new trend. Do not want.
* I think they've finished all the construction projects that they had started when I was a full time student, yet there's still construction. Peculiar. Related: Who would have thought that we would see the day when a Fresh Grocer adjacent to campus? It looks like that entire shopping center has been bought out by stores with more money. Capitalism and gentrification is a go.
* Apparently my school's book store doesn't sell bound books anymore? Maybe it's because I reserved them from the website. Now I need to get binders so I'm not carrying around a bunch of looseleaf textbook pages. Very weird. But, at least I have the option of not carrying around the Calculus I half of my math text.
* Unsurprisingly, my math prof is one I've had many times before. Oops!
Work is going along well. Lots of work on backend things the past two weeks to balance out all the HTML/CSS in December. If all goes as planned, I'll be eliminating a huge single point of failure very soon.
Godspell started up in full force earlier this month and it, too, is going well. Nothing much to add there.
Now I'm off to the laundromat so I can launder and bind my math text. Fun.