||[Jul. 23rd, 2003|09:03 pm]
Interview by chaossix6|
1.) 1 being worst, 10 being best, how would you rate your experience at Temple University, and why? Do you think Temple will have you well prepared for the industry, when you get your degree?
I rate it 7. I hate the area. It's depressing. The classes seem to be decent, though.
I don't think any Comp Sci program prepares people to immediately go into the industry. I think that the main focus of a computer science curriculum is to teach students basic timeless concepts. Whether the students decide to run with the concepts and spend time outside of class learning stuff, that is an entirely different manner. I hope that by the time I graduate I will be well prepared, but I believe in order to reach that point, I will have to continue to put in a considerable amount of time and effort outside of the classroom.
2.) Do you plan to settle down in the Philadelphia area, once you are done with school?
Interesting. A janitor that works at the dental school asked me a similar question yesterday. I have not given it that much thought. It would be nice to travel around a bit after school is finished. If I find some place that is really awesome that has work for me to do, naturally I'll settle there. Otherwise, I'll probably opt for living in the tri-state area so I am not totally isolated from friends and family. I still have another two to three years left, though. Who knows what will happen in that time? I could fall in love with someone tomorrow and be engaged in three years. Nothing more than a year in the future is too certain.
3.) School/career/marriage notwithstanding, do you have any weird or unusual goal you would like to accomplish before you die?
My dad had a really bitching comic collection. When I was little, I read them so much I messed them up really bad. I would like to replace damaged issues and fill in the gaps. We lost many in a flood in the early 90's.
4.) What type of music do you listen to? Have any favorite songs/bands?
I go through phases. Throughout most of high school I listened to musicals. When I started driving, I listened to jazz exclusively for about a year. Ever since, I've been listening to alt-rockish stuff. Some borderline mainstream emo late last semester, also, I sadly admit. Really, I have a tracklist of 1834 songs that I keep on random, and half of them I have never heard of or hit forward 5 seconds into the song.
I've never followed any bands too closely, but lately my tracklist has been starting off with one of the following: Weezer, Beatles, Billy Joel, Dashboard Confessional, Eve 6, Good Charlotte, Green Day, Lit, No Doubt, Our Lady Peace, Pearl Jam, Queen, Startling Line, Sublime, Sugarcult, They Might Be Giants, and Zwan.
5.) What would you think if I told you that Friendly Reminders from the National Peanut Board are alive and thriving on the subways in Manhattan, and that they'll likely revisit Philadelphia sometime soon? <------- not a lie
The Manhattan-ites have embraced the National Peanut Board advertisements? That's just sick. As long as I am alive, well, taking Philadelphia mass transit, I will do everything within my power to see that our subways are cleaned of this plague. Of course, 'everything within my power' is somewhat limited, so they'll probably come back unfettered. Lame.
What YOU do:
1 -- Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 -- I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 -- You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 -- You'll include this explanation.
5 -- You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
If I interviewed you and you want to interview me back, leave a comment with the questions. I'm not going to make a new post for each interview, since I don't feel like having 10 posts in a row of just interview questions. I might add all the questions to this post if there are a lot, or I might not. We'll see.
Questions from regression
1. what's your biggest regret from high school? from college thus far?
I wasn't as social as I would have liked with the people on my floor my freshman year. At the time, I justified that they were all drunks, potheads, druggies, and assholes, but since then I've learned to get along with the first three.
Second, I would have worked much harder my second semester so I wouldn't be in the credit hole I'm in now.
2. if you could change one thing about you what would it be?
Only one thing? ;)
I think if I could I would make myself more social and easier to get along with people. I'm a horribly antisocial person until I know a person well.
3. what is your most treasured possession and why?
I'm assuming you're only counting inanimate thingies. If that's the case, definitely the computer. It's the first thing I use in the morning, last thing I use at night, and without it one of my jobs would be impossible to do.
4. would you be friends with yourself if you were someone else? why or why not? (haha i know that didnt make sense, but hopefully you get the point)
Makes sense to me. :) Nah, I don't think I would. I can be a whiney bitch, so I'd get pissed myself pretty quickly I think.
5. if you knew you were going to die tomorrow what would you do today?
I assure you it involves lots of booze and lots of sex. I don't have the details worked out quiet yet, but when the day comes, I'll be ready.
Questions from thisoneslife
1. If there was one moment that you could have changed the outcome to in your life, what was it and how would it be different?
I'm going to be vague on this one. It involves Amy, and if I changed this, perhaps we'd still be together today. But maybe not. Who knows?
2. If you could play basebnll for the Mets, what position would you play and why?
I would definitely be manager. ;-) I have no athletic ability whatsoever. I'm not sure if I've ever hit a ball with a bat, and if I had, I assure you it didn't go in the right direction. On the other hand, I love telling people what the right way to go about things is, even if I know nothing about the subject.
3. Lesbian Sex. Possible? Impossible?
Oral sex is still sex. And, if you're limiting your definition of sex to "penis in virgina", then strap-ons can come close enough, I think.
4. If you were a mutant, what would your super mutant power be and why?
If I could pick any sort of power, or which power fits my personality? Hmmmmm.... well, if the former, I would go with telepathy, just because it would be a lot easier to learn all sorts of stuff. What power fits my personality? I don't even know.
5. What is your favorite characteristic of yourself?
At the risk of sounding concieted, I think I'm a good person. I have really high standards for everyone. I don't always live up to my own standards, but I think I do moreso than most other people. If there were more people like me, I think this world would be a much better place.
Questions from angelicious0201
1. You seem really nice. Tell me something devious about yourself. Or tell me something devious you wish you have the guts to do.
I like to think I am nice, thank you. :)
As for devious, eeeh. When I see that word, I think malicious, and I really don't think I do anything malicious to anyone. I mean, I think I'm far from perfect. I can be very thoughtless, jealous, messy, unfocused, and lazy. But, my intent is never bad, so I don't think I would consider any of that devious. I'm not really sure how to answer this. If you want to clarify the question a bit, I'll try to answer it better. I'm sorry.
2. Describe your perfect date. Where would you take the little lady? What would you guys do? And do you believe in kissing on the first date? Elaborate.
The perfect date is a silly concept.
The date is perfect if and only if it is with the perfect person. If it's the right person, it doesn't matter if you go to something typical like the movies or to a diner, or something sterotypically romantic like dinner on the beach or a walk through the moonlight, or if the two people just sit down in any old place and talk for hours on end. It's the two people and the chemistry between them that matters, not the surroundings.
As for kissing, that is the only thing that I would say would be required in the ideal date. If it's the ideal date, as I described above, naturally I would be head over heals for the girl. If we kiss, then at least I have an inkling that she feels the same way.
3. Chaz is a kick-ass name. How many kids would you like to have, and what would their names be? If you do not wanna have kids, tell me why you hate the little buggers.
Right now, I'm not a big fan of kids. I hate explaining things. I'm good with them, though, so I figure at some point I would want them. Ideally, I would like to have one kid, so I can spoil the heck out of him or her. It seems every girl I talk to wants to have a million kids, which is ridiculous. I'm willing to compromise up to 2. After that, I'm being a bad person and contributing to global overpopulation.
4. Your interview questions for me hurt my wee little brain. On that note, would you rather be the dumbest of the smartest, or the smartest of the dumbest?
I would prefer to be the dumbest of the smart, since I'd like to think the dumbest of the smart is smarter than the smartest of the dumb. Ignorance is weakness, not bliss.
5. Describe the best feeling you've ever had. What were you doing exactly?
It's not PG-13 rated, so I'd rather not talk about it in public. And saying exactly what I was doing here would be too much information. ;-p
Questions from duckssaymip
All righty Chizzy-wizzy, I did my best, but these things are rather difficult for me to do. So here we go...
1) What is the one thing you have learned during your college years that you value more than any other piece of knowledge? Who gave you this wisdom, and how has it changed your life?
Damn you for making me think this early in the morning, Michael.
I think the most important thing I've learned is not to be quick to judge people, which I think I learned from 11J as a whole.
2) Around 5 AM this morning, Bitner and I decided that it would be absolutely hysterical if his friend Jeremy, whom you have not really met, would pounce you in your sleep, shake you violently, and scream at the top of his lungs, "DO YOU BELIEVE IN JEEZ-US!??!" How would you respond to this?
The only responce I can come up with is that I do not understand why I agreed to live with you two a second year. :-)
3) If you had the opportunity to meet one person, dead or alive, or a one-hour lunch, who would it be? What would you ask them/talk to them about?
See, celebs and the like aren't all that important to me, so this is a hard question too. I think that Clinton would be an interesting guy to talk to for a bit. I'd talk to him about how he thinks the world is and the like.
4) I just purchased my first guitar. What should be the first song that I learn to play?
"I Am Mine", Pearl Jam.
5) What cartoon character do you most empathize with? Why? What traits in this character do you see in yourself? Do you pity or admire this character? Why?
Dude, I am so Raphael. Well, a mesh of Cartoon Raphael and Movie Raphael. I can be overly sarcastic and antisocial. I neither pitty nor admire him, for he is me. Plain and simple.
6) If Lou Ferrigno, the near-deaf body builder who was painted green in order to play "The Incredible Hulk" in the original 1970s TV series, met up with the computer-generated Hulk of the new movie and got into a brawl, who would win? What would the points be? How would lightsabers effect this fight? What about a guest shot by another famous brawler, such as Ian Mc-Fuckin-Kellan or The Cheat?
Lou Ferrigno loses, but it's close. Lou: -254. Computer Generated Hulk: -197.
There would be too much green in the battle already, so green lightsabers on either part would cause a drop in 50 points for either party. Orange lightsaber gives CGH 10 bonus points, no points of Lou, since you can't really saber CGH. If either Ian Mc-Fucking-Kellan or The Cheat, or anyone else who did not butcher a Marvel comic I read as I child showed up, they would win by default and would get a +100 bonus for not sucking before any combat began.
Interview by butterflyme
1) If you had to choose one moment or time period that was the most painful/awkward/or embarassing of your life (and i'm not talking about tripping in front of a hot girl) what would it be and why did it affect you so harshly?
The most painful period of my life was from January through June 2001 and December through March in 2002. I don't feel like talking about it in the open like this.
The most alkward period of my life was the entirity of middle school and high school. If I wanted to go into details, I would probably write a novel on it. I don't feel like writing a novel today.
The most embarassing moment was in 10th grade, West Side Story rehearsal. We were choreographing the prolog fight scene, and I was wearing an older pair of jeans. When the choreographer was giving my individual choreography for the fight, she pushed me down in a manner where my pants got a huge rip from the crotch to half way down one of the legs. I wasn't able to get replacement pants for several hours later.
2) If you could have any two super-hero powers what would they be? (i mean flying, x-ray vision) that type of stuff, and what would you do with those powers?
First power would be telepathy. A telepath with good control over his or her powers is one of the potentially most powerful beings possible. There is a lot of flexability. One of the coolest possibilities I think would be to be able to link up various great minds and combine their thought processes to come to even greater concepts and theories.
Second power would be a healing factor not unlike Wolverine's. The mind is near useless if the body is frail.
3) Do you believe in love at first sight? What do you think are the ways to tell that you are completely in love?
Yes and no. There is infatuation at first sight, certainly. Love is a lot like trust. It comes with time. However, I think that infatuation is a necessary step before love. People tend to fall in love with the people they're infatuated with. That's why I say yes and no.
4) If you could achieve one complete and absolute goal in your life, what would that goal be? Why would it be so important for you to achieve it?
To fall in love and live happily ever after. Why is that important? If you have that, what else matters?
5) (i'm getting cheesey ready?) Okay, you get stuck somewhere, with three people, for two years, with four objects each (possessions). a)where are you stuck b)who are the three people c)what possessions would you want each people to have, but more important what would you wish you had? And what would you do the whole time you were stuck there?
The obvious first choice would be my best friend, Aymon.
The obvious second choice would have to be the girl of my dreams, who I either have not met or have not realised I met yet. Because of these conditions, I cannot very well reveal the name of my second strandee at this point of time.
A costal area with crystal a clear lake/sea, an abundant amount of drinkable water, plenty of decent food growing around, a constant weather in the mid-80's with never any humidity, and a fast internet connection. Because ...um, you know. Yeah.
It doesn't matter who specifically has what because I'd like to think we'd be somewhat communal.
So, we have 12 slots.
2 computers for gaming, reading, and keeping up with the world. (2)
Printer, so we can get books off the internet (3)
3 toothbrushes. (8)
Contraceptive. (I'm living 2 years here with the girl of my dreams. I don't want to leave with children.) (9)
Lets fill up the rest of the slots with appropriate wiring and whatnot, since I can't think of something else.
Questions from supacheex:
1. What is one thing, great or small, you'd like to achieve before you die?
Hmm. I think I'm going to go with the staple family, career, etc. answer for this one.
2. What is your favorite soap? If you don't have a favorite soap, what is your favorite soup?
Dove Liquid Soap is keen. Does Ramen count as a soup?
3. Other than pirating software and/or music, have you ever committed any kind of crime worth punishment that you never told anybody?
None of the crimes I have committed deserve punishment.
4. Who have been the 5 most influential people in your life? List and give short explanation.
Interesting. I try not to put people up on a pedestal, yet at the same time, everyone you meet alters your life in some way, so this is a difficult question.
Two people that come to mind are my two ex girlfriends. I tend to be a private person, and whenever you let someone shed light on a part that doesn't get seen all that often, you learn more about yourself and the world around you, and you grow the most when you learn about yourself.
I suppose that Barb would have to be in the list somewhere, since one of my over-riding characteristics at work is my obsession with things being done correctly the first time. She did not create this fixation, but she did encourage it.
This list would be incomplete if I did not include my parents. For the most part I believe I am a good guy with a set values I live my life by, and have an overly active conscience that makes sure I stick by those values. I have adapted my values a bit as time goes on, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. However, for the most part they are the same ones my parents have been teaching me since I was a youngin'. Without them, I would not be the person I am today.
5. Last but not least. Pancakes or waffles. And why?
Waffles. It's all about texture.