Normally I would be really annoyed that I went through the effort of getting up at 7, walking to Fern Rock, hopping on a train, and walking to Barton only to have the professor show up 30 minutes late, and then decide to cancel class since there were only about 8 people who stuck around that long. However, I am not. He's a really horrible lecturer and a day without hearing him speak is a day of bliss.
Why do people use '@' instead of typing out 'at'? To type '@', you're still pressing two keys, and are also moving your fingers further. Writing the full word also makes your writing look more intelligent. Well, that last part is strictly my opinion, but the rest I can back up with fact as long as we assume that everyone uses a QWERTY keyboard. :P
Okay. 25 minutes.
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy came out last week, according to my sources. On Saturday, I fixed my Windows installation after putting it off for weeks. By Sunday, the 2 level 600mb JK:JA demo was running on my computer. Monday, Bitner ran out to Best Buy and purchased JK:JA. Needless to say, instead of doing the long list of tasks I wrote out earlier that day, I tried out the multiplayer until about 2am this morning. That was probably not the best of ideas. The game is nice, though. There are tons of more stunts, two new saber configurations, and the force powers have been evened out a bit so stuff like 'absorb' doesn't suck as much and the 'push and throw' combo doesn't work. If you liked Jedi Outcast, you need to at least try out the demo.
Hopefully, I got that out of my system for now. I plan on holding off playing any more until this weekend or when I finish my work, whichever comes first.
The sad part about this weekend is that I was supposed to have plans for a change! Ha. I got invited to go over Jeff and Kelly's, to hang out with Graham , and to go swing dancing for Kevin D's 21st birthday.
Since I made the public proclimation that I will avoid JK:JA until I finish my work, I suppose it would be useful to say what my work is:
- Calculus homework. Lots and lots. I did the first assignment and then just stopped for some reason that confuses even me.
- Cleaning the room. I probably should list this at the top. Until this morning, I thought I had lost textbooks in my room. That was not the case, but if I'm going to be doing some Hard Core School Work, it would probably be a good idea to be able to move my computer back into The Room, if need be.
- Java lab. My first lab of the semester! Of course the grading is focused on our planning than anything else. I really should have taken 307 instead. I am going to need an easy class like this next year. Anger.
- Various Pressman assignments due for Wednesday. More anger. I hate making flow charts and other Tom Foolery.
- 10 minutes left. I need to wrap this up.
- Readings for Sociology. The more I read, the less I need to listen to the professor's mumblings.
- Readings for Asian Religion. I have a feeling there's going to be a test pretty soon.
- Research copyright/patent/trademark laws and write an audience analysis for Public Speaking. This will probably be harder than I think it will be.
I think I'm going to buy a cell phone this upcoming weekend. *swoon*
Eight minutes left. I have to go.
1. I think. The phone reception was pretty horrible when he called.
2. Talk about random.