||[Dec. 10th, 2003|09:37 am]
- My speech professor didn't show up to class. Since my speech was going to be today, I now get to give it during finals week. Since I was almost completely unprepared, per usual, I am going to have a chance to redeem myself. I have a feeling that Mike and Bitner will soon be sick of my speech. Aw righ. :)
- The only other final I have to worry about is Asian Religions. Fortunately, it's just a test. Just like all the others. I'm going to email the professor for a vocab list, and learn that by Tuesday. The previous tests were 70% vocab, so I should be fine. I just need a 70 and I don't need to worry about International Studies requirements ever again. Huzzah!
- It is great to sit in the computer lab and type a long LiveJournal entry while everyone around me is spazzing out, trying to finish their papers. Mwahaha.
- For Christmas, I think I'm going to ask my parents to help me out with buying a laptop. Does anyone know of reputable places I can get cheap refurbished laptops? Anything a grand or more will be well out of my budget. This isn't going to be used for gaming or anything, but I would like to be able to run Photoshop, Office, and Flash under 2000 or XP. The more I look, the more it seems that my expectations are unreasonable. :-\
- These are things that I plan on doing in the not too distant future:
- Speech and Asian religion finals, obviously
- Finish up all pending web design work by the end of the month. This includes reppertfactor.com, that maps project I have been working on forever, and the two new KW clients got a few weeks ago.
- Get a working Linux setup again. (Hm. I think I just need to find the boot disk or make a new one, since Debian is already on /dev/hdc....) This is necessary for the following bullet...
- By the end of winter break, finish the cis207 final project from last spring. This is important because I need experience with threads and sockets in C before taking 307 next semester. Otherwise, Ingargiola won't be happy with me. :(
- Re-do the RSS reader I made a while back. Or find one that doesn't suck. This is going to an entire rewrite because the current one is very lazy. Basically it XML::Parsers the feeds, dumps them to a file using Storable, and then redisplays them on the fly. I will want to store RSS items indefinitely and require logins since I want securities on particular feeds and I want to keep track of what has been read and what has not.
- A few people have been like, "Hey, you should have a party." Well, I tried that before. :-P It was decent, but I was a bit disapointed that none of the people I, alone, invited showed up. So, I am not really considering throwing one at this point. Hypothetically, though, if I did throw a party in January, who of you would show up?
- Wow. i really hate how Paley keyboards start spouting out random characters after a while. Did you not know that the letter y is really z and vice versa? Or the colon is actually Ë? Since there is no Ë key, I have no clue how to produce an actual colon, short of copy/paste from charmap. =p