||[Feb. 9th, 2004|02:02 pm]
|||||Hey Ya -- Outkast -- Speakerboxxx/The Love Below Disk 1||]|
- Buying a guitar was probably a mistake. It sits, in its untuned glory on my camp chair, taunting me.
- Did hella lotta work this weekend, but it's not finished yet. Maybe I'll finally be done with the glut of this project by the end of tonight? That would be pretty sweet.
- I finally stopped sucking at Lab 1 a few days ago, so I don't feel like a complete idiot. I do think I need to start writing stuff out before sitting at the keyboard. My age is catching up with me.
- I've fallen off the soda wagon. I need to go cold turkey. :-P
- What me and Mike thought would happen at the grammies:
Paul: 'ello. I'm Paul. Where's Ringo? Where's Ringo?
(cut to Ringo, in London)
Ringo: 'ello. My name is Ringo, and I am over here in my living room because no one invited me.
What actually happened:
'ello. My name is Ringo. And I am on television.
Mike: Paul and Ringo didn't show up to the Beatles tribute.
Bitner: Ringo didn't show up? Why not? Did he have something on the stove?
I'm not going to talk about Sting vs. Dave Matthews during the tribute, 'cause Jess will probably kill me. :)
- I haven't written about the new roommate yet, unlike other people. It doesn't seem like she's the type to eat kittens for lunch so far. On the other hand, the Chef didn't initially seem to be the type to steal DVD's. In the meantime, I will continue to warn neighbors to keep their cats off the street. ;) Nah, she doesn't seem horrible yet. We'll see.
- Have you RSVPed yet? And are you bringing cookies?
- Blah. I want ITunes music detection. :-P
- That's all I got.
1) You need to lay off of the "Hey Ya" more than you need to lay off of the soda. For real.
2) I've got a great feeling about this new roommate, as your link would suggest. I think it's relatively safe to say that she's not a kitten-eater. Therefore, I shall say it. She is not a kitten-eater.
3) "Ello. My name is Ringo and I'm in my livin' room."
Fucking Beatles tribute. For real man. Dave Matthews was sucking it up like our apartment has been sucking up carbonated beverages.
New rule: if you're going to give the Beatles an award, invite Paul and Ringo BEFORE you invite Yoko Ono. I would have much rather seen Paul and Ringo hugging and celebrating peace and love than Yoko Ono. George's wife probably would have shown up, because George's wife doesn't have any huge problems with Paul and Ringo as I recall. Isn't it time that the actual remaining Beatles represent the legacy of the Beatles rather than that old hag??
Moreover, what the hell was up with that male vocalist award?! Let me see... George Harrison, Warren Zevon, Sting, and Justin Timberlake.... which one of these names does not belong?? And yet, they gave the award to the only one of them who is not legendary, prolific, and totally awesome!!
Overall, grammy's get a D-. Fucked up the Beatles tribute, gave out 500,000 lifetime achievement type awards, and gave awards to those artists who were clearly undeserving. Also, Bruce Springsteen was nowhere to be found. Had they not given Luther Vandross or Warren Zevon awards, it would have been an F. Not giving George Harrison an award was a serious negative to the grade. And finally, the complete absence of Eddie Vedder from the proceedings was backbreaking. Very disappointing.
4) your age is catching up with you!? seriously, chester, 17 year olds are supposed to be able to do the same things that 16 year olds can do :P
5) let me know who to IM to reserve a place at this party. Because I'm going. I just need to find some mother-loving cookies. Hell yeah :)
I just nearly deleted this whole post. Hoowah to ctl + z.
2004-02-09 03:40 pm (UTC)
. I think his SN is the same as his LJ name. You can check his userinfo to double check my guess, though.