|The Goods, The Bads, and The Uglies: A recap of recent events.
||[Sep. 8th, 2005|09:25 pm]
- If I didn't mention it before, I got my freeIpods.com iPod a week or two ago. Thank you for everyone who helped make my 1-2 year battle a victorious one.
- Last weekend, Amanda and I had an awesome time up at the Poconos with the Creppert crew. I daresay this is the first time she's been up that everyone got along!
- I'm very happy with my classes for this term. One of them is going to be ridiculously hard, but that's OK because it's an area I need to be stretched in. One of the classes won't be difficult, but there will be a lot of busywork. In one of my classes, I'm probably more educated in the subject matter than the professor, which is awesome because it'll balance out the hard course. It's 0-hundred, but it is technically in my major. Maybe I can swing an independent study next term? That would be sweet. And the other is Shakespeare, which I'm kind of indifferent toward, but it's better than the awful Tech Writing class I was originally signed up for. Here's a hint: the first day you teach a class, don't tell the students you're fresh out of grad school, unqualified to teach the class in question, and will require them to go out and research the topic of the class because you are uninformed about the subject matter you are being paid to teach! And, a tech writing class is most certainly not a resume writing class!
- Amanda got us tickets to Foo Fighters/Weezer. :) They're front floor, so hopefully we won't be moshed too fiercely by teenage emo kids. Shouldn't they be at home knitting sweaters? ;-)
- Temple hasn't paid me yet. I hate money and I hate having to worry about money. Hopefully that will fix itself soon enough, though.
- I got hit this weekend by a nasty respitory bug. I've been going to work, but I haven't been able to go to any of the awesome classes I'm rostered for this week. :( I hate missing class this early in the term. I'm hoping when I see the doctor tomorrow, they will give me some ridiculous medicine which will fix me up in no time flat.
- My monthly transpass was swiped. The aforementioned sickness has left me sleepless for the past week, so I zoned out for much of my train ride yesterday. When I snapped out of it, my pass was nowhere to be seen. Anger.