|I told myself I would be in bed two^H^H^Hthree hours ago. Bad me.
||[Mar. 4th, 2006|02:58 am]
I can't sleep, but I don't feel like writing in paragraph form, so you're subjected to bullet mayhem.
- I think I am successfully skating by all my classes, doing the minimum to survive. I really intended to have a better approach to this term than, oh, every other one I've done. It should be my last full-time one, after all! I've been fairly busy and preoccupied, so I can't feel too bad about it, though.
- Speaking of busy, TicketWeb is pretty much done. A few small UI tweaks are needed, but nothing like the 15-25 hour weeks I had been putting into it for a long time. I hate working in a vacuum.
- I'm starting to get, rightfully in my opinion, a bit anxious about employment prospects both during the summer and after graduating. I guess I'm uneasy because I feel like I don't have much information about what is in the immediate area. Philadelphia has tons of hospitals and universities, but I have strong doubts of whether I would enjoy working in an environment like that. I've never liked big places with big organizations and lots of politics. And judging from the job posts I've seen, I would probably end up just doing system administration work, which makes me sad, angry, and frustrated. I don't want my job to make me sad, angry, and frustrated. And I want to have a job. :)
- Every so often, my brain goes nuts and my artistic side craves to be fed. Between catching up on required readings and studying for midterms over the next few weeks, I think I'm going to flood my head with recreational reading. I need to go to the library some time this week anyway. Any recommendations? On books, that is. Not libraries. Part of me wants to get a drawing book out too, but I don't think that's a good idea. wasted effort. :) Did you know when I was little I wanted to be an artist? Then I turned 12 and realized how horrible I was at it, so I gradually gave it up out of shame. ;-) I kind of also want to start looking into photography, but I'm not sure where to be begin looking. That, and I always feel weird taking pictures in public places when other people are around. Is that normal?
- My dad is out of the hospital, but he's not home. He's in a rehabilitation center, going through physical therapy to get back as much mobility as he can. It seems unlikely that he'll have as much going out as he did when he first went in, but how much less is the question. He's scheduled to get out in about a month.
- I've been trying out VMWare Server this week, and I've been enjoying it so far. For those of you unfamiliar with VMWare, it's a program that lets you run an entire operating system inside of it. So, my one and only functional machine can run Windows XP, and I can run a copy of Debian inside a window. This is particularly useful for me since it seems that whenever I have more than one operational computer, one of them breaks or becomes otherwise unusable. It's a curse, I tell you. So, since I need certain Windows-only software for work, I never have access to my own Linux or UNIX server to run things like Apache/mod_perl without dealing with the pain of cygwin. This set up would probably be much speedier if I doubled my RAM, but for the meantime it works a lot better than what I had earlier.
- I've been super busy or the past 6 months. I've probably been neglecting some friends, and I'm hoping to turn that around soon. I think a lot of people have been busy too, though, so I don't feel too bad about it.
- That map quiz? Yeah. I lost.
The best part of bullet form is I don't need to come up with a witty closing paragraph to wrap everything up. I can just leave you hanging.