Performed outside of Upper Darby. Had a full-time job writing software. Lived by myself. Bought a car.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I kept my resolutions, but I will make new ones.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. This is a good thing.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. First time in a while I've been able to say that. :P
5. What countries did you visit?
None. :( :( :(
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I would have liked to travel some. Also, would have liked to manage my finances a bit better.
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There were lots of great times in 2009. Nothing in particular stands out, though.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't manage my time very well. I need to find a way to have enough going on that I feel satisfied, yet still nothing is falling to the wayside. I'm not good at managing that tightrope.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Allergies and a cold.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My fellow Seussicians, cast, crew, and production team, had fantastic A-game throughout our run. A+. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm no gossip.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Taxes, student loans, rent, and insurance.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seussical, Joseph, and Millie were all really fun, exciting, and fantastic.
I was very excited to get a non-contract job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I didn't listen to much music this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Hard to tell.
ii. thinner or fatter? A little fatter, I think. Need to work on that. :( :( :( WAY TO BRING IT UP STUPID SURVEY.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. Lots of expenses. But more stable? Maybe I can fix that this year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading, gym, and local developer events.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching TV and movies. I got into a bit of a habit/slump with that this year. I need to really set hard limits on how much time I spend on that on a weekly basis.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Having family over for dinner.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
I don't think any? Depends on how you define them, I guess.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugh. Now for my shame! I've watched the following series in their entirety (or mostly) this year:
MASH. All the StarTreks except Enterprise. Full Metal Alchemist. The Office. Roseanne. Dr. Who. Band of Brothers. The Shield. Modern Family. Psych. True Blood. Glee. Greek. The Daily Show. Colbert Report. How I Met Your Mother. 30 Rock. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
That's just too much.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
In true spirit of my hybrid Jewish/Catholic upbringing, there's no one I hate but there are people who I am very disappointed in. ;-)
26. What was the best book you read?
I re-read Lloyd Alexander's Prydain chronicles. YES I KNOW THEY'RE KID BOOKS. SHUT UP.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
I don't really want anything over the holidays. My boss got me remote entry and remote car start, though, which was pretty sweet.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Up was this year, right?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't think that I did anything on the day of my birthday. Friends threw a party the weekend after.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not sure! I'll think on that for next year. ;)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Whatever is clean.
34. What kept you sane?
I don't think I used any crutches. Heh.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That's not really my thing.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage, health care, and the ridiculous Tea Parties.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
This time last year, I didn't know anyone from Bernies or Seussical, so all of you fine people. ♥ :D
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I kept too busy to learn anything. Maybe slow down some?
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: